The International Competition of Terroir Wines
The samples will be presented in an totally anonymous fashion to the judging panels.
Each wine tasted is scored individually and not comparatively.
The aim of this international competition is to promote the fundamental qualities of regional wines with a geographical indication and to reward those who have reached the organoleptic levels that are close to the ultimate organoleptic of their appellation or origin. Can participate wines from the soil with geographical indication from all viticultural regions of France and of World and all vintages. In the case of French wines, they must have made a declaration of claim provided for in Articles D. 644-5 and D. 646-6 of the Rural Code. Wines without a geographical indication are not allowed to compete.
This international competition is also intended to encourage and highlight the wine tourism professions at the international level.
EACH WINE IS TASTED INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT COMPARED.
Silence, Concentration, Attention, Rigor.
The wines are classified according to the category (color, type, grape variety) and tasted in series and / or mini series in the series.
This unique process was created in 2006 by the oenologist, Jérôme DUFOUR. The rating scale adopted is based on the points system according to the tasting sheet and its descriptors of the International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV) also recognized by the International Union of Oenologists (UIOE)
Since its creation, no wine has yet received a rating of 100/100.
A Professional Exceptional Tasting
Selection of International Experts
Nothing is left to chance, from the reception of the sample until its tasting and evaluation.
A nominative and qualified international jury composed of 5 tasters representing the 5 colleges tasted and judge in the morning only 30 samples at the most.
A strict process allows us to have:
- Tasting instructions before the competition
- Professional tasting environment
- Juries composed of 5 international tasters
- Information session President and jurors
- Scenario sensory analysis
- Total anonymity: black bouffant bag and ring cetie
- Wine temperature control service
- Tasting glass for the sensory analysis of international standard wines Vinalies Internationales and / or Riedel
- Timing for each wine tasted
- Sommelier service in the tasting room for each table
- Individual spittoons with closure
- Break 15 minutes between 2 sets
- Tasting sheet (OIV / UIOE)
- Immediate results
Wine competition approved by the DGCCRF
(Ministry of Economy and Finance)
First international French competition to have been approved in June 2012 for Terroir Wines
Then in February 2013 with regard
to Intenational Experts .
French competition entered on the list of French wine competitions whose medals may appear in the labeling of wines produced in France in accordance with the decree of 13 February 2013. In application of the decree N ° 2012-655 of 4 May 2012 relating to the labeling and traceability of wine products and certain oenological practices.
Contest registered on the official list of the DGCCRF
Entry requirements for the wines
Wines must be bottled and ready for sale.
Wines packaged in wineskin of wine are also allowed to participate.
Their labels should conform to:
• The European Union regulation applied to EU member states.
• To the regulation in force in the country where the wine is produced and to the provisions regarding the importation of wine applicable to non-EU member states.
Scoring system of samples
Diamond Terroir rating overall> 85 points to 100 points
Silver Terroir score between 85 and 90.9 points out of 100 points overall
Silver Terroir score between 80 and 84.9 points out of 100 points overall
Below is the schedule of particulars according to the ratings obtained for the award-winning wines. * GRAND PRIX' Joseph BESSON" Vigneron et Professeur de Viticulture , wine having obtained the high note of the whole contest.
* Trophée Diamant Inoubliable, award-winning wine with 96 points at 100 points
* Trophée Diamant Mémorable, award-winning wine with 91 points to 95 points
* Trophée Diamant Admirable, award-winning wine with 85 to 90 points
* Trophée Argent Remarquable , award winning wine with 80 to 84 points